A Contactless World Driving Change in Marketplaces, Food, Travel, & Transportation
June 15, 2020
During the past six months, we’ve all placed witness to several changes throughout our daily lives. Some of these were accelerated digitizations of industries in transformation, while others we’re a complete 180-degree change to the way of business past. Today I spoke with eight leading venture capitalist and industry experts spread throughout the world in various regions to get there macro & micro views on what’s shifted in Marketplaces, Food Tech, and the Travel & Transportation industries. Joined with me included Graeme Gunn, Niraj Varia, Lawrence I Lerner, Basil M., Raja Appachi, Andrew Dresviannikov, Olivier Viatour, & Eli Jawad Ansari.
For more than 60 mins we go dove into how various underlying technologies such as A.I., Blockchain, Bio-Informatics, Voice, and more are pushing the acceleration of these industries. Furthermore, we discuss micro-level activities in various emerging markets like Northern Africa, India, & the Middle East along with a new rise of hyper-localization & contactless world beyond payments that are here to stay. The full episode is now available (link below).
- People are adapting quickly to a new contactless world. We’re seeing increased usage of contactless payments, transactions, markets, and more — a trend we don’t expect to back on.
- Intelligence supply chains are no longer luxury, but instead, something that any marketplaces or location will have access too — Nirja Varia provides an outstanding example of this taking place now in N. Africa.
- Data can now be used to not only understand supply chains but also allow for micro-credits & transactions.
- While “data is the new gold,” it’s also similar to a perishable food and can be supplied or useless after a few days / extended time period.
- The investment process in the these markets has changes slights as investment funds are doubling down on FinTech and core technology infrastructures such as A.I., blockchain, contactless, Decentralized Identity (DID), IoT, etc.
- Investors predict we’ll see a massive amount of investments in the coming months around A.I.-driven companies & marketplaces.
- & more.
Enjoy the full episode available now on YouTube.
Join me weekdays on VCTV as we breakdown investing and the shifts throughout various industries and the technologies driving their acceleration with insights from leading global investors.