All journeys must start somewhere. In this case, it’s the voyage to bring Bitcoin into Web3 and a future with programmable money. As a Co-Chair, the $165 million Bitcoin Odyssey Pledge was designed to propel Bitcoin builders into this future and what comes next. Our sessions during Bitcoin’s Unleashed, “An Odyssey Begins: Cash to Create on Bitcoin,” featured the principal travelers alongside me on this epic journey —
- Brittany Laughlin, Executive Director, Stacks Open Internet Foundation
- Trevor Owens, Managing Partner, Stacks Ventures
- Alex Chizhik, Head of Listings, OKcoin & Co-Chair of Bitcoin Odyssey
- Mitchell Cuevas, Head of Growth, Stacks Open Internet Foundation
- Kyle Ellicott, Partner, Stacks Ventures & Co-Chair of Bitcoin Odyssey
About Stacks: Stacks is a blockchain linked to Bitcoin by its consensus mechanism that spans the two chains, called Proof of Transfer. This enables Stacks to leverage Bitcoin’s security and enables Stacks apps to use Bitcoin’s state, despite being a separate blockchain.